Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Los Torres, Chile', 2009.
This picture was taken in the shadows outside so the colour is a little washed out. A lot of the sights I had seen during the Africa/South America trip had been compromised by the weather and fog and Torres del Paine was one of the last places I had planned to see before going home. I was determined not to miss out after other disappointments (and planning for eighteen months to get there) so I sat huddled under a rock for around eight hours, through a freezing blizzard, to get the classic photo. The sky only cleared around fifteen minutes before I had to leave for good and although I was eventually rewarded for my persistence(stubborness), a week later I learned that somebody had died doing the exact same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment